TWT Amplifiers (TWTAs)
Available from dB Control
Our high-power, helix and coupled cavity traveling wave tube (TWT) amplifiers are built to withstand the harsh environmental conditions encountered by ground-based mobile systems, as well as unpressurized airborne environments. Even our first TWT amplifier, an airborne unit for Tracor Aerospace (now BAE), is still in service.
Our hub-mount high-power amplifiers are totally sealed units designed to handle anything the environment can dish out: solar exposure, wind, rain, sand, dust and extreme temperatures. dB Control’s hub-mount packages are performing just as well in the blistering heat of the desert near Las Vegas at Nellis Air Force Base as they are in the bitter cold in Alaska at Eilison Air Force Base. We are also the sole-source provider of amplifiers for the SAR systems aboard General Atomics’ Predator® Unmanned Aeronautical Vehicles (UAVs).
- 500 MHz to 40 GHz Frequency Range
- Power Levels From 10 W to 1 kW CW and up to 20 kW Pulse
- Low Harmonics and Spurious
- Low Phase Noise
- Excellent Amplitude and Phase Stabilities
- Complete Protection for TWT
- Extensive BIT and Status Monitoring
- Local and/or Remote Operation
- GPIB, Serial or Custom interface Protocols