The GSG-54 provides a wide-range of capabilities for in-line production testing, including navigational fix and position testing, while offering ease-of-operation and extremely fast test cycles. It also benefits engineering and development organizations for integrating GPS receivers into their devices.
The GSG-54 is a perfect fit for a wide-variety of test cases including:
- Test of simulated movements (user trajectories).
- Test of receivers’ sensitivity to loss of satellites, multi-path, and atmospheric conditions.
- Fast production test of connectivity and sensitivity (conducted or over-the-air).
- Production test of positioning receivers accuracy.
- Test of timing receiver accuracy.
- Test of receivers’ dynamic range.
The user can configure scenarios on-the-fly without the need for external PC and without pre-compilation phase. Using the front panel the user can swiftly modify parameters such as user position and time and can define the scenario through a set of predefined antenna and atmospheric models, as well as trajectories and events.
GSG-54 comes with built-in support for multipath simulation and a set of trajectories (static, circles, rectangular according to 3GPP TS 25.171) and allows the user to upload their own trajectories in NMEA standard format.
Besides the variety of built-in navigation/positioning tests, the GSG-54 is also suited for accurate testing of timing GPS-receivers.