Magnum is a complete tool for 3D finite-element magnetostatic calculations. The program achieves unprecendented accuracy and speed at a moderate price. Magnum can perform three types of calculations: 1) free-space fields in unbounded volumes for given applied currents, 2) bounded fields in the presence of coils, permanent magents and saturable isotropic ferromagnetic materials and 3) pulsed fields in regions with ideal conductors. The package includes two additional programs: MagWinder (an interactive preprocessor to construct three-dimensional drive coils) and MagView (a postprocessor for 2D/3D plots and analyses). Magnum has extensive applications to the design of magnets (with and without iron) and permanent magnet assemblies. (Available for 32- and 64-bit Windows. MetaMesh required.)
* Self-consistent calculations with saturable magnetic materials like iron. Utility program to convert hysteresis tables for any material.
* Easy-to-understand instruction manual with walkthrough examples.
* Extensive array of 2D and 3D plotting options.
* Interactive point-and- click analysis of solutions.
* New solution techniques resolve microscopic details in large structures.
* Volume integrals of field energy to determine inductance.
* Interactive line scans and plots with digital oscilloscope features.
* Batch-mode operation for automated analyses.