The original QMA Connectors, designed by manufacturers Huber+Suhner and Radiall, have been available since 2003. Known as QLF* QMA, they simply replaced the threaded connector of the widely used SMA connectors with a quick connect capability.
Anoison now offers the next generation of QMA Connectors with significant improvements and advantages over the older QLF QMA connectors.
Like all QMA connectors, Anoison's QMA connectors provide advantages over SMA connectors, including:
• Faster mating and de-mating (10X that of the threaded SMA connectors)
• Eliminates the need for a torque wrench
• Improves density by decreasing the overall size of the connector while still matching the electronic performance and reliability of their extremely popular predecessors
• Allows for 360° cable rotation after installation in order to make cable routing easier
Beyond that the Anoison QMA Connectors provide further improvements over other QMA connectors, specifically:
• Greater retention force (10KGs min.) - Other QLF QMA connectors state a retention force of only 6 KGs.
• Waterproof seal - Waterproof seals (IP68) are standard on Anoison QMA connectors while older QMA connectors were not waterproof and only recently have others offered waterproof versions.
• Significantly greater mating, de-mating cycles, up to 500 cycles, while other QMA connectors only claim 100 cycles.